Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How To Make Iced Tea

Or ice tea. Or, as we pronounce it around here, ass tea. I'm sorry, but we do. Sometimes we have a slass of paa with it. Blueberry paa is nass.

Everybody thinks they know how to make iced tea, but they differ in their methods, and they can't all be right, now can they?

No. Only I am right.

So you bring four cups of water and 1/4 cup of sugar to a boil. YES, THAT MAKES IT SWEET TEA! I SAID IT WAS TEA, DIDN'T I? Okay, take it off the heat and put in 3-5 regular tea bags. If you want it flavory, put in some herbs or herbal tea, too (mint, raspberry, orange).

Let it steep for 3-5 minutes. Take the teabags out. DON'T PRESS THEM TO GET ALL THE "GOOD" OUT OF THEM. I think that makes the tea bitter. On the other hand, if you like bitter tea, press away.

Put some ice cubes in the tea to cool it down. Pour it into a 2-quart pitcher and top it up with ice and cold water. Put it in the refrigerator to get nice and cold. Serve it over ice.

If you don't like sweet tea, don't come to my house don't put the sugar in.

The end.

Oh, p.s. I'm still doing the Story A Day in May. The Wednesday stories have food in them.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

Zoe Byrd said...

you had me until the sugar.

Marian Allen said...

Oh, well, leave the sugar out. My mother always says: "Everyone to his own taste," said the old woman, as she kissed the cow.

Where that came from I do not know, but it means you don't have to add sugar if you don't want to. :)

MA