Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I Love Foot Traffic!

When planning a book signing, foot traffic may be an author's best friend. The best advice I can give is to ask the owner/manager of the venue when they have the most foot traffic. It is also helpful to schedule a book signing around sales, holidays, promotions, open houses and other special events.
As an example, I am doing a signing at a book warehouse this weekend. When asking about foot traffic, the venue owner mentioned a big event that the business next door is having.
The book warehouse is connected to a large hardware store. Three times a year, the hardware store holds a huge sidewalk sale. To optimize my visibility, the book warehouse owner is placing my table outside, to catch shoppers. Hopefully, I get ladies and kids who want to browse while men shop for tools.
Thankfully, the weather is supposed to be a lovely 65 degrees! Come see me if you are local.
I will be at Book Lover's Warehouse in Johnson City, TN from 11-3 this Saturday.

No comments: