Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Do Ladoo Part 2

I got this recipe from a lovely site called Mad Cooking Fusions, all about vegetarian Indian cooking. Here is her recipe:

WALNUT LADOOS

Ingredients -
  • Walnuts – 1 cup
  • Almonds – 1/2 cup
  • Castor Sugar – 1/2 cup
  • Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon

Method -
Grind both walnuts and almonds together in the mixer grinder till they are smooth. Take them out in a plate and add castor sugar and cardamom powder to the walnut almond mixture and mix well.
Now form small lemon size ladoos from the mixture. Trust me they are the fastest ladoos I have ever tried making. No cooking required in this.


Naturally, I did it wrong. I mixed it all up together instead of mixing the sugar in later. Maybe that's why mine came out all nasty and mishy. Ugh! So I put the mishy balls on a baking tray and baked them at 350 or so for ten minutes or so, and they dried out. In fact, they turned into delicious little morsels that you have to pop into your mouth whole, because one bite reduces them to heavenly puffs of spicy powder.

If I make these again, I may try making the correctly, or I may make them incorrectly again and roll them in crushed nuts before baking them.

By all means, DO visit Mad Cooking Fusions, especially MAD Tricks & Picks. You're welcome!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

Joyce Lavene said...

Sounds good!

Marian Allen said...

SO good! I just bought a huge solid chocolate bunny with pretzel bits in at an after-Easter sale but, as soon as we finish it, I'm going to make some more of these walnut thingies.