Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dumplings to Heal my Dumplins

In the south, "dumplin" is a term of endearment. What can be more endearing than a tender lump of dough, simmered in soup?
So when two of my dumplins fell into the throes of a yucky stomach bug; it was dumplings to the rescue! The dumplings worked their magic on my dumplins. Todd went back to work today and Skylar slept straight through the night!

Here's how I make chicken and dumplings:
1) Season two large chicken breasts with McCormick's Montreal Chicken seasoning. Drizzle a baking        dish and chicken breast with olive oil. Bake @ 375 degrees until juices run clear.
2) While chicken bakes, combine 1 can cream of chicken soup, 2 cups of milk & 1 cup of chicken broth. Simmer this mixture in a large pot.
3) Chop chicken & add to simmering liquid.
4). To make dumplings: stir together 2 cups of baking mix & 2/3 cups of milk until a soft dough forms.
5) Bring liquid up to a boil over medium heat.
6) Drop dumplings in by the tablespoon.
7) Lower heat & simmer for 10 minutes. Cover pot & simmer 10 more minutes.

Note: If dumplings absorb too much liquid, add more broth & milk in equal amounts. You can add peas, celery, carrots & onions for a chicken and dumplings soup.

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

Ah, fluffy dumplings! I love fluffy dumplings! The first time I made dumplings for my husband and step-daughters, though, they were like, "What are these?" In their family, dumplings are more like thick noodles. They call them "slicks"! lol! I never did get the hang of making good slicks, I'm sorry to say.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes