But for those of you who might like them, here is Willie's recipe (and commentary) for Garlic Frog Legs:
I had some frogs and garlic and dreamed this up one night. It is so good. For the few hundred who will actually go get frogs, try it. The rest, well… use chicken instead. Good luck.
- Soak frog legs in beer for an hour or so.
- Season frog legs with Zesty Cajun Style Seasoning.
- Roll frog legs in flour and set aside.
- In a large black skillet bring butter and grape seed oil up to high (don't burn the butter, it will brown when burning). It doesn't take much oil and butter, just about a half-inch or so.
- When oil and butter starts sizzling, put frog legs in and brown on each side. It should be about halfway up on frogs, just enough to brown.
- If butter gets low, throw another half stick in. Set browned frog legs aside.
- With what's left in the pan, add white wine, garlic (whole pods, peeled), mushrooms, and cook for three to four minutes.
- Add frog legs to white wine mix. Cover and cook at 300 degrees F for thirty minutes until meat is falling off bone. (You will know it's done, believe me!)
If you try this, please let us know your thoughts!