Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Taking it to School

If you enjoy talking to youngsters, you might like doing author appearances at schools. I had talked to several classes at various levels in the past (elementary, middle school, high school and college).
Since the release of  my first children's book, BURTON THE SNEEZING COW, I have been reading to lots of elementary school children.
In advance of my appearance, I send an order form for the teacher to distribute. The order forms are due on the day of my appearance. On the form, I tell about my book, give the price and ask how they want the book signed. Something the kids enjoy is getting to pick their favorite color from my vast selection of colored permanent markers.
So that the teacher gets something for hosting me, I give back $1.00 from ever book sold to be used for the classroom. It is a win/win!

No comments: