Monday, January 7, 2013

Carrots!

I love carrots! I don't care how you make them, or I'll eat them raw.
Not everyone in my house feels the same way. Some people don't like vegetables at all. So I found a delicious way to make great tasting carrots without adding sauces, salt or butter. I take a bag of the tiny carrots (everyone seems to like these better) and put them into a flat-bottom baking dish. I add enough water so that the bottom of the carrots are covered. Then I liberally add Mrs. Dash's Onion and Herb seasoning. Cook the carrots for about 20 minutes (or until soft when you stick a fork into them) in the oven at 350 degrees. When they come out, the seasoning has made the carrots a little crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside. They have a salty and interesting flavor that everyone seems to enjoy. Carrots are so good for you. Like all orange-red vegetables, carrots provide beta carotene) (the part that's good for your eyes), fiber, and potassium, while being very low in calories. They are better raw but anyway you can get them inside stubborn, non-vegetable eaters, the better! Joyce Lavene www.joyceandjimlavene.com

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

These sound scrumptious! I'm going to the grocery today, and baby carrots and Mrs. Dash are going on the list. Thanks!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes