Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bunco Tarts and a Whipped Cream Warning

I hosted my Bunco group last night. We meet once a month to play Bunco, mingle and eat. One of the most popular things I served were my Pumpkin Pudding Tarts.
Here's how to make them:
Make tart shells by tearing refrigerated pie dough into walnut-sized balls. Press one ball into each cup of a mini muffin pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
Bake shells @ 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Prepare one box of pumpkin spice pudding (according to package directions)
Once tart shells have cooled and pudding has thickened, spoon about a teaspoon of pudding into each shell.

One roll of pie dough makes 20-24 tart shells. One box of prepared pudding fills about 60 tarts.

WARNING-I wanted to top each tart with a bit of whipped cream. The canned, lite whipped cream in a can made pretty swirls on top of the tarts. What it did not do was stay whipped. Next time I will either make my own whipped cream or use the kind from a tub.

No comments: