Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Painless Piercing

My friend Jane and I meet every four weeks or so for lunch in Louisville, Kentucky. One of our favorite places to go is The Irish Rover, where we can get fish and chips or a cheese plate or Guinness beef stew in a bread bowl or bangers and mash.

The fact that we can also get a vast choice of excellent beers, stouts, and ales is quite beside the point. QUITE beside the point.

Nevertheless, we were amused to see this sticker on a trash receptacle:
Yes indeedaroony!

The last time we hit The Rover, I chose Bell's Two Hearted Ale. We had tried it before and judged it too sharp for what we were eating that day, but I thought it would be just the thing with fish and chips. And I was right. Um mum mum mum mum mum.

Now I'm looking forward to our next visit, to see what the server suggests. I might choose anything from a pale winter wheat to a nearly black stout. Jane will choose according to her food order; we might get the same thing, or we might get different things. Then we'll crawl walk down the street to Vint coffee shop and caffeinate ourselves.

Life is good.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: