Monday, October 22, 2012

Get Ready for Halloween Food!

Ghastly Glass
Halloween at the Renaissance Faire!
By Joyce Lavene
www.joyceandjimlavene.com








For some people, what they eat on Halloween doesn't matter much. They are saving their efforts for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

My family is different. We LOVE Halloween! We dress up, have several parties leading up to the main event. And the food is very important.

Deviled eggs wear a ghoulish red tinge. Tiny cemeteries made from cookies and candy appear. Ghost cookies and swamp punch grace our tables. There is a lot of creative thinking put into what we're going to eat - and how ghoulish we can make it!



Peanut butter fingers with polished, almond slice nails is my youngest daughter's favorite treat. My oldest daughter makes scary Rice Krispy Marshmallow Treats. My son makes strange pizza that we're never quite sure about the ingredients, but it is delish!

I'm working on my recipe for this Halloween right now - looking for something different.

Any suggestions?
Joyce Lavene
www.facebook.com/joyceandjimlavene


1 comment:

Gayle said...

I just want to come to the party, Joyce! I'll bring ghost poo--it's basically peanut butter balls dipped in white chocolate. :p