Monday, August 20, 2012

Making Cat Treats!

Making Cat Treats

My cat, Quincy, loves his cat food and doesn't really like cat treats. I've tried all kinds of varieties. He really doesn't like any of them.



This wouldn't bother me. It's not like he HAS to have treats - except that my dog, Rudi, LOVES his treats! Every evening after he's eaten his regular food, he waits patiently until we go into the kitchen and have bacon flavored snacks.



While Rudi is enjoying our ritual of jumping up for snacks, Quincy watches and looks a little pathetic. I think he really wanted to have treats too. He just didn't like the ones we had.

So I found a recipe and made some of my own. Now Quincy has snack treat time with Rudi and I can tell he's much happier.

Or I don't feel as guilty. I'm not sure which.

But here's my recipe for cat treats that Quincy loves. I hope your cat will love them too!

Cheesey Cat Treats
Combine 1 cup whole wheat flour with 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 cup plain yogurt to moisten. Add 1/2 cup cornmeal and knead the dough then roll it out until it forms a bar shape, about 1/2 inch thick.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Cut into pieces, as you would with cookies, and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Store in container with lid.

Rudi and Quincy also help us write our books. When we write, they sit in the office with us and keep us company. It's nice to be able to share your life with your furry people!

Joyce Lavene
Treacherous Toys
Renaissance Faire Mysteries
www.joyceandjimlavene.com

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

Those sound so good, I might make some for myself and let the cat have the crumbs! :D

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes