Friday, August 10, 2012

Duncan Hines Festival

Do you live near Bowling Green, Kentucky? I don't, but I'm considering a road trip for the Duncan Hines Festival on August 10 and 11. Just the very name conjures images of brownies, cakes, muffins, and cookies. And, did I mention, brownies?

According to the website, "The Bowling Green Junior Woman's Club is proud to host the 16th annual Duncan Hines Festival. This year's events include a Concert in the Park, Art Exhibit, Adventures in Good Baking Contest and the very popular Uncle Duncan's Duck Derby! Proceeds from this event will benefit the Regional Child Development Clinics and other worthy nonprofit causes."

The event looks like loads of fun. There's even a brownie-eating contest!

I doubt I'll really be able to make this trip, but I know my family would enjoy it. What fair or area event are you looking forward to this year?

No comments: