Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Puppodums - Not a Character on Sesame Street

I love love love the discount grocery in our town. You never know what will be there from one visit to the next, which is sad when you've found something lovely and it isn't there when you go again. On the other hand, it's great when you find something lovely!

raw
cooked
Since I think Indian food is the best food ever, I'm always scoping for something mild enough that Charlie will eat it. Puppodums or poppadoms or papadums or any way you spell them fit that bill.

They're ultra-crunchy flatbread made from lentil or chickpea flour. As I say, I bought these at the knock-off grocery. They're made by the delightfully named TigerTiger Food.

Ah, but now -- now -- I've found a recipe for making my own puppodums, and I just happen to have a honkin' big bag of chickpea flour I got from Rainbow Blossom.

Imma be making these babies quite a bit, I think, especially since the recipe is just the kind I like: no real measurements; basically take some of this and enough of that to be like so and then cook it long enough.

Happiness is a warm puppodum. :)

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: