Monday, June 18, 2012

Easy Kidney Bean Salad by Joyce Lavene


Kidney Bean Salad - Yum!






This isn't a typical summer salad. It doesn't have your usual summer foods in it. But it's quick and easy to make. It travels well for picnics and parties and there is absolutely no cooking involved. Always a plus!

It's probably good for you too, but I don't want to get into that.

I'm posting this today because it is one of my husband's favorite dishes (Happy Father's Day, Jim). His mother made this for him when he was a kid. She was a great cook - in a way that I will never be - because she took long hours putting everything together just so.

That's not me!

But if you're looking for something cool and easy that doesn't have to be cooked - kidney bean salad could be for you!

Ingredients:

1 can kidney beans - drained
2 cups of chopped cabbage - as you would for coleslaw
1/2 cup vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Making it:

Add the cabbage to the kidney beans and mix thoroughly. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper and mix again.

Enjoy!

Joyce Lavene
www.joyceandjimlavene.com 
www.facebook/JoyceandJimLavene
Twitter: @author54
Look for Treacherous Toys
Book 5 in the Renaissance Faire Mysteries
September 4
Preorder Now!



2 comments:

Marian Allen said...

AH-ah-OM-NOM! This sounds like something my husband is going to have for supper tonight! Because I like the sound of it! And it's quick and easy! And I have the ingredients!

I might put some cucumber in it, though, because: I have one.

Thanks, Joyce!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

Joyce Lavene said...

Sounds good, Marian!