Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Peeps...please accept my apology!




One of my posts from the past describes my loathing of Peeps. I love marshmallows, but the spongy Peeps with a semi-crunchy sugary coating have always seemed a bit gross to me.

So, I found myself in a dilemma this past Friday evening. Our church had a glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt. One of the activities was making s'mores around a bonfire. As a s'more lover, I quickly got in line to grab my graham cracker, chocolate bar, and .....Peep, uh-0h!


To carry out the Easter theme, the s'mores station offered Peeps in place of traditional marshmallows. A friend who was aware of how I feel about Peeps assured me that melted Peeps are not the same as regular ones.


So, I speared my bunny-shaped Peep, stuck it in the fire, and squished it between graham crackers and chocolate. It was one of the best s'mores I have ever eaten!


Peeps, I apologize for all of the derogatory comments I have made about you over the years. I eat my words!


If any Fatal Foodies are looking for a fun Easter activity, make some Peep s'mores. To do glow-in-the-dark eggs, use reflective duct tape. Or, insert a glow-in-the-dark bracelets inside plastic eggs. These two activities are perfect night-time Easter fun!


No comments: