Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chocolate!



I did something for my health today. It was tough, I know, but I want to be my very best.

I had a piece of chocolate. Who knew! Chocolate reduces fat. Specifically a small amount of chocolate - the darker the better - leads to leaner people. Wow!

According to the researchers, frequent chocolate eaters actually weigh less – not more – than people who seldom eat it.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/new-health/health-nutrition/leslie-beck/love-chocolate-that-may-be-good-news-for-your-waistline/article2384507/

Unfortunately, according to the report, you can't scarf down a whole bar at one sitting. One to two ounces several times a week seems to be it.

I can do that.


------------

The draw for an ARC of A Winter Kill continues until Sunday night (April 1). If you'd like to be entered, please leave a comment here, or e-mail me at vicki at vickidelany dot com.



And after you've done that, be sure and enter Gayle's contest too.

4 comments:

Heather M. Gardner said...

If only being healthy weren't so hard! I do eat 'too' much chocolate. But, it's a sacrifice I feel I must make!
:)
HMG

Cherie Reich said...

Yay about chocolate! But it's a shame we can't eat the entire bar. I suppose a little bit will do. :)

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Hmmm, someone else blogged the other day about how chocolate eaters are allegedly supposed to lose weight. I'll tell you the same thing I told her: there is obviously something defective about the chocolate I've been eating, because I am NOT losing weight. Thanks for visiting my blog. It's my pleasure to return the favor. And count me in as your newest follower. If you writer about chocolate ... heck, if you write about FOOD ... you're my kinda lady.

Marian Allen said...

Yeah, I'd hate to think how fat I'd be if I didn't eat chocolate!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes