Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mini Cone Cupcake...So Stinking Cute!









I am planning a little party this weekend to celebrate Skylar's third birthday. Since the party has an ice cream theme, I want to make cupcakes in ice cream cones.



While shopping for the party, I found some mini cones. That gave me the idea to make mini cupcakes in cones.


I found a site where someone has done the same thing, using the exact same brand of cones. If mine turn out half as cute, they will be the hit of the party!


After reading a few versions of recipes and recipe reviews for cupcakes in cones, I am going to deviate a bit from the standard recipe. Some reviews mentioned that the process of filling the cones is quite messy. Other reviewers said the cones become soggy during the baking process. One person posted that they baked the cupcakes first, then put them in the cones. That is the method I am going to try. Wish me luck, and I will tell you guys and gals all about how they turn out next week. In the meantime, enjoy the photos of what I hope to accomplish.



2 comments:

Marian Allen said...

I'll be looking forward to the results!

I've seen pictures of cake cones on Pinterest, but I've always thought, "Why put anything in an ice cream cone except ice cream? ;)

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

Sara Thompson said...

I bought a cake mold in the shape of ice cream cones. My son's birthday is this weekend so it might be a good time to try it. Then we could top them with ice cream - thanks for the idea/reminder.