Saturday, February 18, 2012

Until Then...

I've been away, Dear Readers, did you notice? My husband has had all kinds of health problems over the past three years - kidney failure, heart trouble, and now an operation for Crohn's disease that has had him in the hospital twice in the past month.

I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but my family situation has become such that I fear it is necessary for me to take a leave of absence from Fatal Foodies until this situation resolves itself. I will miss all of my Foodies colleagues, but I shall be a faithful follower of this blog until the day comes I can return. My sixth Alafair Tucker Mystery, The Wrong Hill to Die On, is due out in October, and I hope I will have rejoined the cyberworld by then.

Many thanks to Gayle and the gang, and to you, Dear Reader, for letting me share my love of food and mysteries with you. So until we meet again, I hope you follow Julia Child's philosophy of life: Use the finest ingredients you can find, love the heck out of what you eat, and be happy.

4 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Sending you virtual hugs, positive thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself as well.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Marian Allen said...

Check in when you can, Donis, to let us know how things are going. We care.

HUGS

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

Donis Casey said...

Thank you so much for your kind wishes. I'll be around

Lisa Hall said...

Lots of thoughts and prayers!