Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Roasted Veggie Lunch







Most days, I try and do all veggies for lunch. When I want something heartier than salad or soup, I love to have a plate of seasoned, roasted veggies.


This plate shows roasted baby spinach, potatoes and cherry berry tomatoes. About any vegetable is good to roast.


Also, if I had used sweet potatoes, my meal would have been healthier and more filling. But, I had these potatoes left over from making baked fries for my family the night before.



Here's how I do my roasted veggies:

potatoes-Slice skin-on potatoes into strips. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme and Kosher salt.


baby spinach-Prepare baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay spinach leaves on baking sheet. Spray leaves with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Kosher salt.


cherry berry tomatoes-Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and basil.



Roast all of these in about a 4oo degree oven. Put the potatoes in first, then the cherry berries and the spinach last. That is the order in which they will finish cooking.

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

Oh, lovely! I love a roast of mixed veg. Never tried the spinach, but I thought about bok choi. I'll have to give that a try: cut off the leaves and do the stems first and then toss the leaves in at the last minute. Mmmm!