Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MORE Carrots?!?

Thanks, Vicki, for your post yesterday, giving your recipe for spicy carrot salad. I'll call off my boys. Sorry about the horse head. What thread count do you want the new sheets?

So I'll make you a side dish you can't refuse: honey glazed carrots. We had these the other night, and gobbled them up.

HONEY GLAZED CARROTS
  • carrots (I used fresh "baby" carrots)
  • honey
  • brown sugar
  • butter or margarine
  • salt and pepper
  • water
Put all ingredients in a pot, using enough water to cover the carrots by a couple of inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until carrots are tender and all the water has evaporated, stirring constantly at the end to keep the carrots from scorching and the sauce from caramelizing. Or let it, if that's the way you like it.

In real life, I didn't add the pepper until it was on my plate, since I love pepper on these and my husband does not.

The secret to a happy marriage is knowing what to add to a dish after it's on your personal plate.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

Vicki Delany said...

Happy to help. Love these carrots. I'll give them a try.

Vicki Delany said...

Happy to help. Love these carrots. I'll give them a try.