Friday, January 6, 2012

Great Busy Mom Dinner

Hi, guys:

I'm sorry I've been appearing sporadically at best these past few weeks here on Fatal Foodies as well as on Facebook and everywhere that isn't Tallulah Falls, the fictional setting for my embroidery mystery series written as Amanda Lee. The latest book in the series, called Thread on Arrival, is due on January 15 (it was actually due Dec. 1, and I got an extension).

I've been so immersed in my writing, in fact, that last night I ran into a friend while I was waiting for my son to come out of the gym. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I thought you guys had church on Wednesday nights."

"Honey," she said gently, "it's Thursday."

Well, maybe so, but it was Wednesday in Tallulah Falls. Still is, as a matter of fact.

Anyway, I made this meal the other night and it went over really well. I felt like a super multi-tasker! I'm going to call it Busy Mom Dinner, and you can add whatever variations appeal to you.

Busy Mom Dinner
Serves Four

Put four frozen, boneless chicken breasts in a crock pot. Cover the chicken with two small cans or one large can of cream of chicken soup. Put the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 5 or 6 hours. About an hour before you get ready to eat, take the lid off the crock pot and add about half a bag of No-Yolk egg noodles and enough chicken stock to cover the noodles.

While the egg noodles were cooking, I made crescent rolls and steamed a bag of corn in the microwave. We had a delicious dinner that required very little time to prepare.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds yummy!! Thanks for the recipe!

Looking forward to the next book in the embroidery series!

Gayle said...

Thank you, Kathy!

Lisa Hall said...

I will be making this one for sure!

Lisa Hall said...

I will be making this one for sure!