Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Makes me Hee Haw



Hee Haw is not only the name of a popular television show from years past, it is also a southern synonym for laugh. The down-home sarcasm of Celia Rivenbark has me Hee Hawing like a hyena!


Rivenbark is the author of We're Just Like You, Only Prettier and Bless Your Heart, Tramp. Having read those two book, I am now reading Stop Dressing you Six-Year-Old Like a Skank.


My husband bought the book as one of my Christmas gifts. He just LOVED asking the salesperson where this title was shelved!


Celia Rivenbark is a columnist who writes hilarious essays about things to which most can relate. Subjects range from pop culture to parenting. Rivenbark writes from a point of view that is uniquely souther, but universally funny. No matter where you're from, her books will make you hee haw!

No comments: