Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What To Do With That Pumpkin

I'm talking about the one you didn't want the mess of carving. A nice little pie pumpkin that you decorated with paint or hatpins poked into the flesh to form a design.

The coolest thing I ever did with one (well, I thought it was cool) was bake a "pie" inside one. Here's a recipe for that:

http://www.cookingcache.com/dessert/bakedwholepumpkinpie.shtml?rdid=rc1

Oh, I suggest removing the hatpins/paint first. And don't forget to boil the ick off the seeds, dry them, toss them in oil or butter and seasonings and toast them. Mmmmm!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

anthony stemke said...

I find real pumpkins tiresome. All that effort if you kknow what I mean. To make pie I started using the canned pumpkin than discovered sweet potatoes. It's the spice that really delivers the flavour. I've made pumpkin-type pies out of pinto beans to great success.
http://gritsandgroceries.blogspot.com/2010/09/pinto-beans-are-not-pie-in-sky.html
Enjoyed this post, Thank You.

Marian Allen said...

I sure DO know what you mean! I use canned filling, too. :) I hadn't heard of the pinto bean pie. Thanks for the link!

MA