Becca's Chocolate Nutty Truffles
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup favorite nut butter: almond, cashew, or peanut
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a skillet containing no oil or liquid, combine the almonds and cashews. Heat over a low flame, stirring frequently, just until you start smelling a toasty, warm aroma. (Keep watching and don't let them burn.) You can also toast them for 2 minutes in a toaster oven set on a low setting.
- In a bowl, mix together nut butter, maple syrup, and chocolate chips. Add nuts and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon.
- Make teaspoon-size balls of the nut butter mixture and roll in the sugar-cocoa mixture until evenly coated. Place on wax paper and eat, or harden in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Makes 25 to 30 truffles.
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes