Last week, my husband and I spent a few days in Folly Beach, South Carolina. We just loved this funky little surfer town that lies nine miles from downtown Charleston.
I have eaten some really good food on vacation, but the food I had on this trip was exceptional!
Here are some of the highlights:
1) Nachos at a fun Mexican place called Taco Boy
2) A sandwich at Lost Dog Cafe that included bacon, fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese on whole grain bread
3) A plate of cheese and fruit with a glass of white wine at a wedding reception
4) Crab cakes at Hank's in Charleston
5) An awesome cheeseburger and fries on the pier at Folly Beach.
6) A beautiful tapa of beef fillet and fingerling potatoes.
7) A fruit and yogurt parfait served in a big coffee mug with crunchy granola on top at Lost Dog Cafe
Thank goodness I worked out every morning. If you ever go to Folly, take a big appetite, your camera and some running shoes!