Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another Sweet Read and Pie Tasting











My newest book, Sand Tarts, Pies, and Devils in Disguise will be debuting in the next couple of weeks!




One of my first events following the release will be a Sweet Read and Pie Tasting @ Colonial Heights Public Library in Kingsport, TN from 10:30am-12:00pm. I will be reading, answering questions and signing books while the audience samples yummy pies!


Here is a recipe for one of the pies I will make for the event:



Chocolate Strawberry Hand Pies
Strawberries dipped in chocolate are one of my favorite desserts in the whole world. Using a can of crescent rounds, I created a these little pies. If you cannot find crescent rounds, make triangular pies using regular crescent rolls.
Finely chop about 5 strawberrries. Flatten crescent round with the palm of your hand or a rolling pin.On half of crescent round place about 10 chocolate chips and 3-4 pieces of the chopped strawberries. Fold other half of crescent round over chocolate and strawberries. Seal edges with tines of fork. Continue until you have used all of your crescent roundss.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.