Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Networking and a Great Lunch!

Today, I get to be a grown up! I will throw the mommy sweatpants and t-shirt aside to put on a dress and heels.


This morning, I am attending The 18th Annual Women In Business Conference in Abingdon,Va.


A business conference may seem a bit out of the box for a author, but I have found it to be a great networking opportunity.


As authors, we sometimes tend to limit ourselves to conferences and workshops with other authors. I encourage all of my author friends to look for various other networking opportunities. You never know who might want to know more about your book!


Oh, and one of the best parts of the conference is that we get lunch! That means I get to eat a grown-up lunch, with a cloth napkin and no high chair anywhere in sight!

No comments: