Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kinda Korma

I recently read DEAD AS A DODO, a mystery by the wonderful Jane Langton. Unfortunately, I didn't much care for that particular book. To be exact, I totally loved it until the end. Didn't like the end. And they didn't eat enough. I don't ask for actual recipes (although I love them), but I do like to experience a meal or two.

But the point is, one of the characters was of Indian extraction, and that made me jones for Indian food. So tonight was the night.

I call this Kinda Korma because it isn't really, it's just something I threw together.

KINDA KORMA
  • cooked potatoes (mine were teeny ones from our garden)
  • butter or margarine
  • spices (like curry powder)
  • tomato sauce
  • leftover kale (or spinach, of course)
  • chopped cashews
  • raisins
Melt the margarine and fry the spices in it until fragrant. If you like, you can toast the cashews at the same time. Add rest of ingredients and simmer.

I served this over Jasmine rice. Tasty. Very tasty.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: