Friday, September 16, 2011

Extreme Couponing

I have to confess that I've never seen the TLC show, Extreme Couponing. The show apparently features shoppers getting hundreds of dollars worth of groceries for $1. Or in the case of the shopper below $800+ for $88 and change.




Here are links to two articles discussing the backlash the program has had on couponing and manufacturers: one from Yahoo Finance and one from My Dollar Plan.

These people apparently say saving $10-$20 isn't enough, but I'm thrilled when I go to the store and see $10 come off my grocery bill. If I had over $700 come off my grocery bill (can't imagine buying $800 worth of groceries at one time, but, for the sake of argument), I'd faint. I'd also feel like I should be wearing a ski mask. So what are your thoughts on extreme couponing?

1 comment:

Lisa Hall said...

The transactions take forever for extreme couponers. Every time I've seen that show, I think about how bad it would be to get behind an extreme couponer in the grocery store check-out.