Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I met Bubba!











Generally, when on a family vacation,
we are non-excursion people. We do not schedule any tours, plan shopping trips, or anything else that gets in the way of rest and relaxation.


That unwritten family rule was broken last week when we were in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and woke up to pouring rain. Once we realized the rain was not going to quickly pass over, we planned a day trip to see Savannah and Tybee Island, Georgia. I have always had a curiosity about both places because of the area's history and because it is home to Paula Deen.
Now, I have posted about Paula so many times that it's embarrasing, but I just lover her to death! Might I also mention, I love her family. Paula's sons, brother, and other family members often appear on her show.
Driving into Tybee, my husband noticed a cool looking restaurant called Uncle Bubba's. Of course I knew that this was the restaurant of Paula's Deen's brother.
On our way back to go home, we decided to have a late lunch at Bubba's. Luck of all luck, Bubba was walking around meeting people! Since it was not a rushed time for the restaurant (about 2:00 in the afternoon) he had plenty of time to spend with each table.
Sometimes, meeting someone you idolize is a disappointment. This was not the case with Bubba. He was just as nice as could be. Bubba chatted with us, had a picuture made, and even talked a little SEC football. All that, and the food was good too!

My adoring posts about this family are not over. Next week, I will review Paula Deen's book because I bought an autographed copy in the gift shop!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Color me jealous!!! ;)