Friday, July 22, 2011

Once a Month Cooking

I came across a blog post on once a month cooking (OAMC), and I was intrigued. Could I really cook once and facilitate my dinner hour for an entire month? What would this cost (all at once)? How much time would it entail? Would it be worth it? I investigated and found such a cool blog that it stopped me from further investigation (for now):

Once A Month Mom - I don't know who does this blog, but she (or maybe they) are all over it! They have traditional menus by season, a whole foods menu, a gluten-free/dairy-free menu, a baby food menu, a vegetarian menu, and a diet menu. Instructions and grocery lists are included, and readers are advised on how to create their own menus.

From the main menu, I clicked on Traditional Menu and then on the July 2011 post. To my surprise, this blog really means once a month cooking! Not only are dinners included, but breakfast and lunch meals are listed on the menu as well.

Not finding many items on the July menu that I thought my children would find appealing, I checked out the June and May menus. Within those, I found enough meals to please my picky eaters as well as my husband and me.

I'm currently on a deadline, but afterwards, I'm hoping to take a couple weeks off before beginning another book. I want to give this a try. I'll keep you posted! If any of our readers have tried this before, please leave a comment with your thoughts.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

oh let us know if you try it!

It has been so hot that I don't want to even think about cooking...I have tried a few recipes on this site...a year of slow cooking...http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Donis Casey said...

This sounds tremendously interesting.

anthony stemke said...

I like to cook and each day get new ideas, so a whole months worth (oamc) plus the packaging and labeling does not appeal to me.

I am curious about the Once A Month Mom though. Is that help for busy mothers? CM.