Friday, July 15, 2011

Fair Fare

Deep-fried Kool-Aid--yep, you read it right--has been selling like crazy at fairs across the country, according to its creator "Chicken" Charlie Boghosian. Sign On San Diego reports that 400 to 600 orders of fried Kool-Aid were sold per day during the opening weekend of the San Diego County Fair.


Chicken Charlie has already gone through 150 pounds of Kool-Aid powder and 1,500 pounds of flour. Selling five Kool-Aid balls per order, that amounts to around 9,000 deep-fried Kool-Aid balls being eaten during the fair's opening weekend.


One taster says, "It starts off tart and tangy, and then finishes really sweet."


Personally, I think I'll stick to the caramel apples.

2 comments:

anthony stemke said...

I agree, the apples sound better.

Lisa Hall said...

I was pressured to try deep fried Oreos last year. They were surprisingly good, but I still like the apples better!