Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Buffet! Of! DEATH!!!

We went to Ryan's today. Nobody died. Everything was delicious and, insofar as I know, healthy and nutritious. The new Cajun joint in town must be popular, since Ryan's has recently added red beans and rice, bourbon chicken and jambalaya.

However.

My mother hadn't been feeling well and was on antibiotics for an inflammation. After lunch, we were supposed to tour a non-profit facility with her church group, but she didn't feel up to it and we came home.

(She's feeling much better now, just getting over the inflammation and dealing with the weirdness the antibiotics create.)

But me being me, I'm thinking how easy it would be to slip something into somebody's food at a buffet. Nobody could say who had slipped it in, or what of the many foods might have contained it. It could be added to one food in a light dose so that multiple people would become ill, but in a higher dose in the victim's plate, making the murder look like sheer bad luck.

You know, it's really amazing how many people are willing to have lunch with me.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

Chris V. said...

Remind your friends not to go out to eat with you. haa! (kidding!)

Marian Allen said...

I think the secret safety rule would be to buy my meal for me. :D

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes