Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nice Racks!



I'm talking about racks of ribs! This Saturday is the annual Racks by the Tracks in Kingsport, Tennessee. The day is all about ribs, micro-brewed beers, blues music and fun.

http://www.racksbythetracks.com/

I will be at the authors' tent from 9:00-5:00. You bet I'll be trying some of those ribs!

Yesterday, I saw one of the judges for the ribs contest on a local news program. What I found interesting is that a prize-winning rib does not fall off the bone (means it is overcooked), but instead it gently pulls from the bone when you bite into it. He also noted that dry ribs are the most difficult to do properly. For those who may not be as into ribs as I am, that means a rib that has dry rub as opposed to a wet sauce.
If you're in my area, come on out! Be sure to try some ribs and come by the authors' tent.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Darn! I missed this! Hope you had a great time and sold lots of books, Lisa!