Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Green Treat for St. Patty's Day






I always like to have something fun and green to eat for St. Patrick's Day. Here is a recipe that can incorporate any flavor of jello. Lime jello makes a beautiful green dessert. I prefer to make this dessert in little clear plastic cups.

Cool Jello-o Layers
prep-5 minutes makes 5 servings
1) Stil 1 and 1/2 cups boiling water into gelatin in bowl until dissolved. Add 2/3 of an 8 ounce tub of FROZEN whipped topping by the spoonful. Whisk until whipped topping is melted and mixture is blended.
2) Pour gelatin mixture into cups. Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
3) Top with remaining thawed whipped topping.

My green dish for this year's dinner will be guacamole. It's not exactly Irish, but it's green!

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

I love these things. I'll eat just about anything if you suspend it in gelatin. If anybody figures out how to deep-fry Jello, I'll be in a world of hurt.

Marian Allen