Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine Dessert Buffet



If you want to do something fun for co-workers, friends, neighbors, etc.; how about a dessert buffet? This is a sweet way to celebrate without having to spend lots of time or money. I will test-drive this idea on Friday when I have my first Valentine Open House.
I have invited ladies from my Girls' Night Out group to drop in after work for something sweet. The selection of desserts will be simple. I'm making brownie bites (brownies baked in a mini-muffin pan), strawberry cupcakes with pink strawberry icing and raspberrry bars made from a mix. I chose these desserts because they include something pink, something red and something chocolate.
My decorations will also be simple. I plan to line serving dishes with red cellophane, then scatter conversation hearts candies all round the desserts.
If you would like to do your own Valentine dessert event, there's still plenty of time. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: