Saturday, February 5, 2011

Eat Up!


I had a wonderful launch party last Saturday for my latest book. It turned out to be a big party, and part of the fun was the fact that my editor provided cake and champagne. In last week's entry, I wrote about another book event I attended where one of the authors brought cupcakes, and it was such a hit that I determined that it would be a good move to provide food at every author event I do from now on.

This coming Thursday, I'll be doing a Valentine's Day tea at Tempe Public Library, along with author Lauren Willig. The library will be providing chocolate, pastry, tea and coffee, as well as entertainment in the form of the two of us authors. So tell me, would you be more inclined to attend an event if you knew that there would be eats?

And if you are an author, have you provided treats at your signings or talks, and did you think that made for a more successful or more enjoyable event? I've been thinking a lot lately about what an author can do to make her appearances more memorable. Are treats part of the answer? What do you think?