Friday, January 28, 2011

Taco Pie

First of all, I'm thrilled to tell you that Stitch Me Deadly releases on Tuesday, February 1. Please join me on Facebook for some release-day fun!

Now on to my regularly scheduled post....

I've added a new quick and easy recipe to my weekday meal plans. The funny thing is that my son thought I made it up as I went along, but he still liked it!

Taco Pie

Ingredients:

1 package of crescent rolls
1 pound of ground beef
1 package (1 oz.) taco seasoning mix
8 ounces Mexican cheese
1 14-ounce bag of tortilla chips, crushed

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay crescent roll dough flat on the bottom of a square cake pan and bake according to package directions. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add taco seasoning and stir together well. When dough is done, remove from oven and place meat mixture on top. Layer with cheese and then with chips. Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.

2 comments:

Marian Allen said...

Congratulations on the release of your book! Love the cover!

Your taco pie sounds yummy. Fact is, I don't think I've ever had a taco pie I didn't like. ~grin~ I even had a friend who made one IN the Fritos bag in the microwave. I never tried that, but the ease of prep appeals to me.

Marian Allen

Gayle said...

Thank you, Marian! Whoever the artist is who does these covers is incredible! I got a sneak peek of the cover for Thread Reckoning, and it is gorgeous.

A taco pie made in a Fritos bag in the microwave?! That DOES sound quick and easy. :D