Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Crying Blood"



Now, there's a problematic title for an entry on a foodie blog, isn't it? Of course, this is a mystery foodies blog, and Crying Blood is the title of my new Alafair Tucker mystery novel, set in 1915 Oklahoma, which is officially going to be released on February 1 by Poisoned Pen Press.

That's the official date. However, the book is actually hot off the press right now. I came home yesterday evening to find a box full of the author's copies on my front porch, so Crying Blood is now in the world. It's a Happy New Year for me indeed.

The title has nothing to do with miraculous tears or gruesome wounds. A mysterious young Creek Indian boy who stealthily follows Shaw Tucker home from a strange hunting trip calls himself Crying Blood, which is a Creek term that means something like "seeking justice". The Creeks believed that an unnatural death throws the world out of balance, but the boy finds no justice, only his own death. Shaw Tucker vows to find out why and to restore the right order of things.

Drop over to my website and read an excerpt, and keep an eye out for an opportunity in the near future to win a signed copy of Crying Blood.


1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

Congratulations on the new "baby". Each one sounds better than the one before. I see a collection in my future.... :)

Marian Allen