Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Right Time for Making Whoopie (Pies)




I can hardly look at my title without blushing! The word "whoopie" brings back memories of early versions of The Dating Game, when it was used to describe marital relations as in "Where is the strangest place you and your husband/wife have ever made whoopie?"


The word "whoopie" is now a big word the world of food. Whoopie Pies are little cakes with a marshmallow cream sandwiched in-between. According to some things I have read, they are one of the big food trends. Not being one to want to miss a food trend, I jumped on the bandwagon this past Christmas. I found this recipe for whoopie pies using cake mix. Instead of the marshmallow cream mixture, I used cream cheese frosting. So go in your kitchen and make some whoopie (pies).
www.grouprecipes.com/cake-mix-whoopie-pie


I am now working on my fourth book in the Cutie Pies Chronicles. Since my main character, Marlene, is on the forefront of all things pie-related; I am thinking she may have to break into the business of selling whoopie pies! Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Stephen Tremp said...

Haven't been here in a while. Just wanted to stop by and look at the pic of the psycho girl and the knife. Thanks!

Lisa Hall said...

Stephen, glad you stopped by! Come see us again.

sweet-komal said...

oh wow whoopie pies I forgot all about them haven't seen those in a while!
please visit my blog if you have time!
http://girlwhoatetheworld.blogspot.com/