- 6 cups (one 2lb bag) confectioner's sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- whole walnuts for topping--not a WHOLE walnut, obviously, just one unbroken piece of walnut meat
Cream butter and sugar. Add Bourbon, fold in nuts. Work together until thoroughly blended. Cover with wax paper. Refrigerate until well chilled. It will look crumbly, but you can press it into balls with your fingers.
Make into 1-inch balls or smaller, place on wax paper on cookie sheet and refrigerate again to make firm.
- 8 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 Tb paraffin wax (plain white wax, like you use to seal jelly)
- 2 Tbs butter, more if needed to make the coating liquid enough
[Note: This is never enough. I recommend making two batches of coating.]
Melt in double boiler over hot water (Do not let chocolate boil). Dip one center at a time. Place on wax paper, put walnut on top. Refrigerate.
Makes around 100 at about 60 calories each.
Now, naturally, two batches of coating is just a little too much so, since my dear old gray-headed Mama taught me "waste not, want not", I dip pretzels in the leavings. If there's anything left after that, I dump nuts into the pot and make chocolate nut clusters.
Ohhhh, so good!