Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Roasted Entrails

My thanks go to Leslie R. Lee for this post topic. The picture on his most excellent photoblog for October 24, 2010 was called Entrails. Here is the picture (copyright 10-23-2010 by Leslie R. Lee).

This is what you do with pumpkin or squash entrails:

Pick off the strings and discard them. Do NOT wash the ick off the seeds. Toss the seeds with melted butter or with oil and seasonings. I like Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt, my go-to seasoning for just about everything.

Spread seeds in a single layer in a shallow baking pan and roast at 350 until toasty. Or you can toast them in a skillet.

WARNING: Entrails are addictive!

Marian Allen

4 comments:

Leslie R. Lee said...

Thanks for the shout out. Going to have to remember that recipe for the seeds.

Chris V. said...

I thought you were talking about some gross Halloween dish. haa! Which reminds me, gotta find that one I saw for my post. heh-heh

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If I'm going to eat them, I can't call them entrails though.

Lisa Hall said...

We're carving our Jack-o-lantern tomorrow night. This will be a good thing to do with the seeds!