Monday, March 22, 2010

In a rut or just happy?

Do you ever get 'stuck' on a particular food or meal? One that just continues to satisfy your tastebuds for day after day, week after week, or even months on end? Or do you require culinary variety every day?

I love to try new things, but I find I'm also a creature of habit in that if I find a dish that I like, I will sometimes eat it on a daily basis until a: I get tired of it, b: I can't get the ingredients (fruit out of season, for example) or c: someone else is preparing the food.

For example, it's three weeks and going strong on the yogurt/berry/granola parfait front. I meant to vary my breakfast of choice with whole grain bread and almond butter, but haven't been able to break away from the luscious creamy Greek yogurt treat.

Last year Dave and I went through a taco salad binge. At least three nights a week for about a month running we had ground turkey taco salad. Finally we both just kind of got tired of it and set it aside until we developed a taste for it again. Which took about two weeks of taco salad abstinence.

So spill the beans, people! Tell me about your favorite binge foods!

5 comments:

Peach Blossom Hill said...

Yes, we get in a rut. As a wife and mother of three--and living in the south, I cook alot of the same stuff. Yesterday we had some of my college aged daughter's friends for lunch after church, my son's girlfriend and my Dad. We had chuck roast with potatoes and carrots, mac and cheese, broccoli salad, deviled eggs, butter beans and bread with apple crumb pie and ice cream for dessert. That's a pretty typical spring time lunch for us around here and we'll have it again very soon, I'm sure!

Jody

Dana Fredsti said...

Jody, that's not a rut... that's a veritable feast! I'm drooling here...

Chris V. said...

the yogurt still sounds good and at least it's healthy!

Dana Fredsti said...

AND I had the yogurt parfait yet again this morning...

Lisa Hall said...

Every morning at approximately 8:15, I have a second mini-breakfast that consists of a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on wheat crackers and a Diet Coke.