Thursday, March 4, 2010

Have Your Chocolate Any Way You Want, Whenever You Want

I admit it. I'm a chocoholic. Love the stuff; can't live without it. I'm a lifelong dieter too and the two never seem to work together though the food sellers seem to keep trying new creations.

It got me thinking about an old favorite I'd tried years ago - chocolate soda. I can't remember what brand the initial one was though I found Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge soda online. I don't think I've seen it sold lately anywhere in my area, though. Actually I'd forgotten about it.

I just can't think of chocolate as something that is satisfying in "just a taste." A recent offering was Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal - with chocolate bits, the idea being you want a snack that won't ruin your diet. Yes, good idea, but... doesn't that "sample" just make you want more?

Well, that's the adult version, of course. Kids have had chocolate Coco Puffs for years, and we won't even pretend there is anything remotely healthy about that.

The latest offering made me stop in the aisle and say well, maybe... Chocolate Cheerios. Hmm, chocolate flavored oats. Good for you. Right?

Well, the site says 9 grams of sugar, 100 calories per serving. Not bad (hoping the serving is 1 cup and not a half cup.) But still... would that fix the chocolate craving--or feed it? What do you think?? (Of course, gee you don't need an excuse to eat chocolate first thing in the morning. A great way to start the day! haa!)

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

Absolutely! Chris, what you need is a chocolate egg cream. Don't know why it's called that, but it is. Get a 10-ounce tumbler. Put in about 6 oz milk. Put in about half as much seltzer water. Stir for foam. Drizzle in 2 Tbs to 1/4 cup chocolate syrup (guess how much I use) and stir gently to incorporate syrup but keep the "head".

You will LOVE it!