Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Valentine Tour-Stop #2









My Cutie Pies Sweet Read Valentine Book Tour begins this Thursday. Last week, I wrote about Babycakes Cupcakery, my first stop.
My second stop will be at The FAMILY Bakery in Gate City, VA. As you can see by looking at their website, there is a reason it is called The FAMILY Bakery. The entire family is involved in the operation of this business.
When you walk inside, the business has that warm, inviting feel that makes you want to sit and stay awhile. Perhaps it is the close family relationships behind this bakery that make it so homey.
When I dropped off promotional materials at The FAMILY Bakery, the owners' son served me a steaming cup of spiced chai. During my signing, I plan to eat from their lunch menu. When I was there, it was too early for lunch, but had it been later, I think I would have ordered their Reuben.
When my signing is over, I'll be toting home a big bag of cookies for our Superbowl party that we're having the next night.
Maybe I ought to do bakery signings every weekend!
http://www.robertsfamilybakery.com/AboutUs.html




3 comments:

Chris V. said...

Such a great idea! Be sure you get some pix and share them with us, especially the cakes and cookies too! If I weren't in another state, I'd stop by, it sounds fun! Share how these bakery tours are going with us. Are people surprised? did you send a release to pr web and the newspapers there?

Lisa Hall said...

I've gotten good press for this tour.I had 2 tv interviews this week. I did press releases that were picked up by some local papers.
This has become a really fun novelty. When people find out the premise of my books, they get why I am in a bakery. It's a fun thing!
If my books were dark or more serious, it might not work, but the fit is good.

Dana Fredsti said...

How fun, both for you and those attending these events! What a great idea!