Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sweet Read Stop #3





Stop number three of my Cutie Pies Sweet Read Valentine Book Tour will take me to Miss Melanie's Tea Room in Johnson City, Tennessee. I had the pleasure of having lunch at Miss Melanie's recently, and was so impressed with both the quality of the food and the warm hospitality.
I stoppped by Miss Melanie's a few weeks ago to drop off promotional materials for my book tour. With ten-month-old in tow, I planned to breeze in and out before my baby got antsy. When I walked in the smells of hot soup and warm quiche had me thinking that I would soon stop by for lunch, when either I did not have Skylar with me or had someone along to lend an extra hand. Pretty tablecloths and fragile tea cups are a little scary when a little one is grabbing them!
Anyway, when Miss Melanie invited me to eat lunch as she quickly prepared a table for me, I put aside some of my fears of eating with a baby in my lap. In an overwhelming display of how sweet and gracious she is, Melanie brought out my food, then held my baby while I ate. This proved that Melanie is every bit as warm and gracious as the lovingly restored home that houses her business!
I also got to meet Chef Scott, who prepared the food and Melanie's husband, who restores and sells antique furniture.
Here is a link to Miss Melanie's site: http://www.missmelaniestearoom.com/
This lady knows her tea! She even holds tea academies to educate others on her passion for tea.
Special themed events are always on her calanders. On the day I will be signing, there is a Jane Austen tea and a Valentine dinner.
This book tour has been so fun! I have had great food, met wonderful people, gotten lots of press and (so far) have sold a good number of books. Next week, I will provide a wrap-up of the tour with details on the food I ate, pictures, and things I have learned about this whole business of selling books.

2 comments:

Chris V. said...

this sounds like a great place! can't wait to see all the pix.

Dana Fredsti said...

Lisa, your tour sounds like it's been mouth-wateringly fun!