Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Final Wrap-Up

This is, I promise, the FINAL recap of my Cutie Pies Sweet Read Valentine Book Tour. I know, I know, I have gotten tons of blog mileage out of this tour!
My third stop on the tour was Miss Melanie's Tea Room in Johnson City, TN. This stop was very special in that a couple of my husband's cousins and my mother-in-law came by and had lunch with me.
I ate tomato and basil quiche and roasted red pepper soup. I also shared a pot of white hot chocolate/orange tea. In honor of my signing, Miss Melanie featured pies for dessert. I had the peanut butter pie with a chocolate crust. Everything was just delicious!
A Jane Austen Tea was taking place in one of the dining rooms at Miss Melanie's. Melanie introduced me to the ladies attending the tea. I handed out fliers that reflected a special discount for her patrons. As with the previous two stops on the tour, I had articles about me and my books to hand out.
My final stop was The Gift Box in Gray. This is a gift shop, rather than a place that serves food. Nonetheless, the owners had me at a very cutely decorated table with a big platter of mini pecan pies and a clear bowl full of iced-down soft drink and bottles of water. How welcoming that was to people who wanted to come up and chat about my books!
It may be gimmicky, but building my book tours around food seems to work best. This tour got me on two local television shows and in two local magazines. A local paper had a review of my book and the tour dates were on several local calanders of events.
Post tour, I just had an interview and photo appear in another local paper. In a couple of weeks, I'll be doing a radio interview with a gentleman I met on one of the tour stops. I also sold a good number of books.
Guess I had better start seeking out some more eateries! I encourage any writer to build a tour around a concept from their book. It is just different enough to attract interest and it is so much fun!

1 comment:

Dana Fredsti said...

Sigh... the perfect blend of books and food!