Friday, January 29, 2010

Trying new things

This past weekend, I tried several "new" things: a new food product, a new music artist and a new author. The new food product was Starkist's sandwich-ready albacore tuna salad. I was hesitant; but since I usually have lunch on the run, I decided to give it a shot. It's mild and flavorful, doesn't require refrigeration, and you simply open the pouch and spread it onto your bread.

The new music artist was introduced to me by my hairstylist, Kelly Gilbert. The artist is Eva Cassidy. Check it out. She has a beautiful voice. Tragically, she died of melanoma in 1996.


The new (to me) author is Julia Quinn. I had the pleasure of meeting Julia and sitting beside her at the Women's Expo in Kingsport, Tennessee last year. We had a terrific time. That's when I bought the book, and I just got around to reading it! (I know, I know--that's terrible!) It was a delightful book, and I'm sorry I took so long to take it off the shelf.




So, try something new this weekend! You might be glad you did.

No comments: