Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In a Jiffy



I've got a few good recipes for cornbread that use Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix as the base. I like to make my own cornbread, but when time is short Jiffy plus some clever add-ins never lets me down.

Just follow the recipe on the box, but add in extra ingredients. If you have never tried Jiffy Mix it is a sweet yellow cornbread that is dirt cheap to buy.

Seasoned Cornbread
Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning

Pimento Cheese Cornbread
Add a small jar of drained pimentos and cup of cheddar cheese

Green Chile Cornbread
Add a small can of drained green chiles

Sundried Tomato Cornbread
Add 1/4 cup of chopped sundried tomatoes
and 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder


Here is the Jiffy site: http://www.jiffymix.com/

1 comment:

Chris V. said...

I LOVE cornbread, but well, I like it even better when it's ready to eat in the package. ha!