Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eating and Reading: Food, Cheesecake and Mysteries

Hello all and glad to be back!

In my absence, I've been busy finishing up a cozy mystery that is food-related, it being set in a small historic diner.

What's funny is that while I enjoy reading mysteries with food and recipes, I'm not much of a cook. Oh, I can make some things and I'm not a bad cook overall with the basics, but one of my characters is a great cook and loves to bake. I don't bake unless it comes in a package. I've never baked anything from scratch. Ever.

But you can't help where your creative muse goes, can you? And being a writer, being a baker is not a prerequisite. I'm relying on my crack baking team - my sister and nephew - to make up an original cheesecake recipe for the book. I'll add some other basic recipes like my famous Pizza Meatloaf. (Yes it's like it sounds. Yummy!) I'm now seeking an agent and publisher. I'll let you know of my progress.

Oh, and since I'm talking about cheesecake, here are some cheesecake recipes and a basic cheesecake how-to which I know I'll be reading! haaa!

By Christine Verstraete

No comments: